You are trying to upload an image, document, video, or a custom font to WordPress and you get this message:
Sorry, This File Type Is Not Permitted for Security Reasons
Fear not there are two very easy solutions. But first, it is recommended that you backup your site no matter what solution you choose.
Access to the wp-config.php file through a C-Panel File Manager
1. Once in the File Manager locate the wp-config.php file and click the edit button.
2. Find the line /*That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.*/ and place this code snippet just above it.
3. Click Save.
FTP/SFTP access to the wp-config.php file
1.Log into your FTP/SFTP account by using an FTP/SFTP click like FileZilla.
2. Locate the wp-config.php file and right-click to edit the file or you can download it to your computer.
3. Find the line /*That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.*/ and place this code snippet just above it.
4. Save and re-upload your file.
With either solution, to finish, you will need to log out of WordPress and then log back in.
Going forward, you should be able to upload any file without triggering the error message.